What will your business look like in 2015?
So what’s in store for your business in 2015? The good news is that the economy is growing and consumer confidence appears stable. So what should you be doing to maximise your success in 2015?
After you’ve enjoyed your festive break, sit and spend a morning thinking about what you want to achieve and how you’re going to do it.
The most successful clients have one thing in common - they set strategic targets, work out the actions they need to take, and regularly monitor how they’re doing throughout the year. There’s an old saying “A sailor without a destination will never get a favourable wind”. This is so true, and in a world where the frenzied pace of the high-tech revolution is getting faster and faster, it’s important to take stock and examine your market and customer base and work out where you want your business to be at the end of the year. So how do you set a strategic plan?
Firstly, work on your personal objectives. If you’re an owner-managed business, outlining what you want from it has to be the key starting point. This process may look simple at first, but it can have amazing results if action is taken and results monitored. Ask yourself and your fellow owners:
- what do we enjoy doing and what do we not want to do next year?
- how much income do we need / want next year?
- are we happy with our work / life balance?
- what do we need to change in the business to meet personal objectives?
Once you’ve got those sorted, turn your attention to the business and ask:
- what turnover and net profit do we want next year to help us achieve our personal objectives?
- how are we going to attract new customers and get existing customers to buy more from us?
- what changes do we need to make to achieve our targets?
Once you’ve asked these questions, draw up a list of actions you need to take and GET ON WITH IT!
Measure the results monthly and prepare for success. We’ve seen loads of success stories and have helped a number of clients put their strategy in place. So if you need a helping hand, come and talk to us. We can also help design monthly key performance indicators to keep you on track.
If you are interested, please Contact Us